A running list of the movies viewed by the Girl Meets Freak team (starting with the most recent).
NOTE: Since we began watching horror movies together before we ever conceived of the blog, we have not yet done discussions for some of the early movies we viewed (roughly the first 25 movies). Our plan is to go back and revisit/discuss those early movies at some point in the future.
161. Twitch of the Death Nerve [Ecologia del delitto] (1971). Dir. Mario Bava, Screenplay by Mario Bava, Sergio Canevari, Filippo Ottoni & Giuseppe Zaccariello [Italy]
160. Cannibal Holocaust (1980). Dir. Ruggero Deodato, Screenplay by Gianfranco Clerici [Italy]
159. Blood Feast (1963). Dir. Herschell Gordon Lewis, Screenplay by Allison Louise Downe [USA]
158. I Spit on Your Grave (1978). Dir. Meir Zarchi, Screenplay by Meir Zarchi [USA]
157. Aliens (1986). Dir. James Cameron, Screenplay by James Cameron [USA]
156. Attack the Block (2011). Dir. Joe Cornish, Screenplay by Joe Cornish [UK]
155. Night of the Creeps (1986). Dir. Fred Dekker, Screenplay by Fred Dekker [USA]
154. Signs (2002). Dir. M. Night Shyamalan, Screenplay by M. Night Shyamalan [USA]
153. Lifeforce (1985). Dir. Tobe Hooper, Screenplay by Don Jakoby & Dan O’Bannon, Adapted from the 1976 novel The Space Vampires by Colin Wilson [USA]
152. Carrie (1976). Dir. Brian De Palma, Screenplay by Lawrence D. Cohen, Adapted from the 1974 novel Carrie by Stephen King [USA]
151. Village of the Damned (1960). Dir. Wolf Rilla, Screenplay by George Barclay, Wolf Rilla & Stephen Stirling Silliphant, Adapted from the 1957 novel The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham [UK]
150. It’s Alive (1974). Dir. Larry Cohen, Screenplay by Larry Cohen [USA]
149. The Bad Seed (1956). Dir. Mervyn LeRoy, Screenplay by John Lee Mahin, Adapted from the 1954 play The Bad Seed by Maxwell Anderson and the 1954 novel The Bad Seed by William March [USA]
148. Who Can Kill a Child? [¿Quién puede matar a un niño?] (1976). Dir. Narciso Ibáñez Serrador, Screenplay by Narciso Ibáñez Serrador, Adapted from the 1976 novel El juego de los niños by Juan José Plans [Spain]
147. Targets (1968). Dir. Peter Bogdanovich, Screenplay by Peter Bogdanovich [USA]
146. The Fourth Man [De vierde man] (1983). Dir. Paul Verhoeven, Screenplay by Gerard Soeteman, Adapted from the 1981 novel De vierde man by Gerard Reve [The Netherlands]
145. Manhunter (1986). Dir. Michael Mann, Screenplay by Michael Mann, Adapted from the 1981 novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris [USA]
144. Dressed to Kill (1980). Dir. Brian De Palma, Screenplay by Brian De Palma [USA]
143. Deep Red [Profondo rosso] (1975). Dir. Dario Argento, Screenplay by Dario Argento & Bernardino Zapponi [Italy]
142. The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog (1927). Dir. Alfred Hitchcock, Screenplay by Eliot Stannard, Adapted from the 1913 novel The Lodger by Marie Adelaide Belloc Lowndes [UK]
140. Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages [Heksen] (1922). Dir. Benjamin Christensen, Screenplay by Benjamin Christensen [Denmark/Sweden]
141. Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror [Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens] (1922). Dir. F.W. Murnau, Screenplay by Henrik Galeen, Adapted from the 1897 novel Dracula by Bram Stoker [Germany]
139. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari [Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari] (1920). Dir. Robert Wiene, Screenplay by Hans Janowitz & Carl Mayer [Germany]
138. The Phantom of the Opera (1925). Dir. Rupert Julian, Screenplay by Walter Anthony, Elliott J. Clawson, Bernard McConville, Frank M. McCormack, Tom Reed, Raymond L. Schrock, Jasper Spearing & Richard Wallace (all uncredited), Adapted from the 1910 novel Le Fantôme de l’Opéra by Gaston Leroux [USA]
137. The Return of the Living Dead (1985). Dir. Dan O’Bannon, Screenplay by Dan O’Bannon [USA]
136. From Beyond (1986). Dir. Stuart Gordon, Screenplay by Stuart Gordon, Dennis Paoli & Brian Yunza, Adapted from the 1934 short story “From Beyond” by H.P. Lovecraft [USA]
135. Fright Night (1985). Dir. Tom Holland, Screenplay by Tom Holland [USA]
134. Creepshow (1982). Dir. George A. Romero, Screenplay by Stephen King [USA]
133. The Boys Next Door (1985). Dir. Penelope Spheeris, Screenplay by Glen Morgan & James Wong [USA]
132. Shaun of the Dead (2004). Dir. Edgar Wright, Screenplay by Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright [UK]
131. Day of the Dead (1985). Dir. George A. Romero, Screenplay by George A. Romero [USA]
130. Zombie [Zombi 2] (1979). Dir. Lucio Fulci, Screenplay by Elisa Briganti & Dardano Sacchetti [Italy]
129. Dawn of the Dead (2004). Dir. Zack Snyder, Screenplay by James Gunn [USA]
128. Cemetery Man [Dellamorte Dellamore] (1994). Dir. Michele Soavi, Screenplay by Giovanni Romoli [Italy]
127. The Game (1997). Dir. David Fincher, Screenplay by John Brancato & Michael Ferris [USA]
126. Ravenous (1999). Dir. Antonia Bird, Screenplay by Ted Griffin [USA]
125. Jacob’s Ladder (1990). Dir. Adrian Lyne, Screenplay by Bruce Joel Rubin [USA]
124. Tremors (1990). Dir. Ron Underwood, Screenplay by Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson [USA]
123. Thesis [Tesis] (1996). Dir. Alejandro Amenábar, Screenplay by Alejandro Amenábar & Mateo Gil [Spain]
122. The Haunting (1963). Dir. Robert Wise, Screenplay by Nelson Gidding, Adapted from the 1959 novel The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson [UK]
121. The Changeling (1980). Dir. Peter Medak, Screenplay by William Gray, Russell Hunter & Diana Maddox [Canada]
120. The Devil’s Backbone [El espinazo del diablo] (2001). Dir. Guillermo del Toro, Screenplay by Guillermo del Toro, David Muñoz & Antonio Trashorras [Spain]
119. The Amityville Horror (1979). Dir. Stuart Rosenberg, Screenplay by Sandor Stern, Adapted from the 1977 book The Amityville Horror: A True Story by Jay Anson [USA]
118. Oldboy [올드보이] (2003). Dir. Park Chan-wook, Screenplay by Hwang Jo-yoon, Im Joon-hyeong & Park Chan-wook, Adapted from the 1996-1998 manga series Old Boy written by Garon Tsuchiya and illustrated by Nobuaki Minegishi [South Korea]
117. The Devil’s Rejects (2005). Dir. Rob Zombie, Screenplay by Rob Zombie [USA]
116. A Serbian Film [Српски филм] (2010). Dir. Srđan Spasojević, Screenplay by Aleksandar Radivojević & Srđan Spasojević [Serbia]
115. Hostel (2005). Dir. Eli Roth, Screenplay by Eli Roth [USA]
114. I Saw the Devil [악마를 보았다] (2010). Dir. Kim Jee-woon, Screenplay by Park Hoon-jung [South Korea]
113. Diabolique [Les diaboliques] (1955). Dir. Henri-Georges Clouzot, Screenplay by Henri-Georges Clouzot & Jérôme Géronimi, Adapted from the 1955 novel Celle qui n’était plus by Boileau-Narcejac [France]
112. Psycho (1960). Dir. Alfred Hitchcock, Screenplay by Joseph Stefano, Adapted from the 1959 novel Psycho by Robert Bloch [USA]
111. The Night of the Hunter (1955). Dir. Charles Laughton, Screenplay by James Agee & Charles Laughton, Adapted from the 1953 novel The Night of the Hunter by Davis Grubb [USA]
110. The Virgin Spring [Jungfrukällan] (1960). Dir. Ingmar Bergman, Screenplay by Ulla Isaksson, Adapted from the 13th c. Swedish ballad “Töres döttrar i Wänge” [Sweden]
109. Peeping Tom (1960). Dir. Michael Powell, Screenplay by Leo Marks [UK]
108. Mad Max (1979). Dir. George Miller, Screenplay by Byron Kennedy, James McCausland & George Miller [Australia]
107. Wake in Fright (1971). Dir. Ted Kotcheff, Screenplay by Evan Jones, Adapted from the 1961 novel Wake in Fright by Kenneth Cook [Australia]
106. Patrick (1978). Dir. Richard Franklin, Screenplay by Everett De Roche [Australia]
105. Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975). Dir. Peter Weir, Screenplay by Cliff Green, Adapted from the 1967 novel Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay [Australia]
104. Razorback (1984). Dir. Russell Mulcahy, Screenplay by Everett De Roche, Adapted from the 1981 novel Razorback by Peter Brennan [Australia]
103. Suspiria (1977). Dir. Dario Argento, Screenplay by Dario Argento & Daria Nicolodi, Inspired by the 1845 prose-poem Suspiria de profundis by Thomas De Quincey [Italy]
102. The Wicker Man (1973). Dir. Robin Wood, Screenplay by Anthony Shaffer, Adapted from the 1967 novel Ritual by David Pinner [UK]
101. The Brood (1979). Dir. David Cronenberg, Screenplay by David Cronenberg [Canada]
100. The Stepford Wives (1975). Dir. Bryan Forbes, Screenplay by William Goldman, Adapted from the 1972 novel The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin [USA]
99. The Devils (1971) Dir. Ken Russell, Screenplay by Ken Russell, Adapted from the 1952 book The Devils of Loudun by Aldous Huxley & the 1960 play The Devils by John Whiting [UK]
98. John Dies at the End (2012) Dir. Don Coscarelli, Screenplay by Don Coscarelli, Adapted from the 2007 novel John Dies at the End by David Wong [USA]
97. Detention (2011) Dir. Joseph Kahn, Screenplay by Joseph Kahn & Mark Palermo [USA]
96. Strigoi (2009) Dir. Faye Jackson, Screenplay by Faye Jackson [USA]
95. Super (2010) Dir. James Gunn, Screenplay by James Gunn [USA]
94. The Revenant (2009) Dir. Kerry Prior, Screenplay by Kerry Prior [USA]
93. Underworld (2003) Dir. Len Wiseman, Screenplay by Danny McBride [USA]
92. Final Destination (2000) Dir. James Wong, Screenplay by Glen Morgan, Jeffrey Reddick & James Wong [USA]
91. Resident Evil (2002) Dir. Paul W.S. Anderson, Screenplay by Paul W.S. Anderson [USA]
90. Saw (2004) Dir. James Wan, Screenplay by Leigh Whannell [USA]
89. The Innocents (1961) Dir. Jack Clayton, Screenplay by William Archibald & Truman Capote, Adapted from the 1898 novella The Turn of the Screw by Henry James [UK]
88. Onibaba (1964) Dir. Kaneto Shindô, Screenplay by Kaneto Shindô [Japan]
87. Repulsion (1965) Dir. Roman Polanski, Screenplay by Gérard Brach & Roman Polanski [UK]
86. Eyes Without a Face [Les yeux sans visage] (1960) Dir. Georges Franju, Screenplay by Pierre Boileau & Thomas Narcejac, Adapted from the 1959 novel Les yeux sans visage by Jean Redon [France]
85. Inland Empire (2006) Dir. David Lynch, Screenplay by David Lynch [USA]
84. House of 1000 Corpses (2003) Dir. Rob Zombie, Screenplay by Rob Zombie [USA]
83. Pulse [Kairo] (2001) Dir. Kiyoshi Kurosawa, Screenplay by Kiyoshi Kurosawa [Japan]
82. The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2010) Dir. Tom Six, Screenplay by Tom Six [Netherlands]
81. The Hills Have Eyes (1977) Dir. Wes Craven, Screenplay by Wes Craven [USA]
80. Black Christmas (1974) Dir. Bob Clark, Screenplay by A. Roy Moore [Canada]
79. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) Dir. Wes Craven, Screenplay by Wes Craven [USA]
77. Phantasm (1979) Dir. Don Coscarelli, Screenplay by Don Coscarelli [USA]
78. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) Dir. Tobe Hooper, Screenplay by L.M. Kit Carson [USA]
76. Antichrist (2009) Dir. Lars Von Trier, Screenplay by Lars Von Trier [Denmark]
75. Ginger Snaps (2000) Dir. John Fawcett, Screenplay by John Fawcett & Karen Walton [Canada]
74. Inside [À l’intérieur] (2007) Dirs. Alexandre Bustillo & Julien Maury, Screenplay by Alexandre Bustillo [France]
73. May (2002) Dir. Lucky McKee, Screenplay by Lucky McKee [USA]
72. Dawn of the Dead (1978) Dir. George A. Romero, Screenplay by George A. Romero [USA]
71. The Omen (1976) Dir. Richard Donner, Screenplay by David Seltzer [USA]
70. The Shining (1980) Dir. Stanley Kubrick, Screenplay by Diane Johnson & Stanley Kubrick, Adapted from the 1977 novel The Shining by Stephen King [USA]
69. Alien (1979) Dir. Ridley Scott, Screenplay by Dan O’Bannon [USA]
68. Halloween (1978) Dir. John Carpenter, Screenplay by John Carpenter & Debra Hill [USA]
67. Evil Dead II (1987) Dir. Sam Raimi, Screenplay by Sam Raimi & Scott Spiegel [USA]
66. Demons [Dèmoni] (1985) Dir. Lamberto Bava, Screenplay by Dario Argento, Lamberto Bava, Franco Ferrini & Dardano Sacchetti [Italy]
65. Dead Alive (1992) Dir. Peter Jackson, Screenplay by Peter Jackson, Stephen Sinclair & Fran Walsh [New Zealand]
64. Re-Animator (1985) Dir. Stuart Gordon, Screenplay by Stuart Gordon, William J. Norris & Dennis Paoli, Adapted from the 1922 short story “Herbert West – Reanimator” by H.P. Lovecraft [USA]
63. Body Double (1984) Dir. Brian De Palma, Screenplay by Richard J. Avrech & Brian De Palma [USA]
62. Dead Ringers (1988) Dir. David Cronenberg, Screenplay by David Cronenberg & Norman Snider, Adapted from the 1977 novel Twins by Jack Geasland & Bari Wood [Canada]
61. Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! [¡Átame!] (1990) Dir. Pedro Almodóvar, Screenplay by Pedro Almodóvar [Spain]
60. Daughters of Darkness [Les Lèvres rouges] (1971) Dir. Harry Kümel, Screenplay by Pierre Drouot & Harry Kümel [Belgium]
59. Phenomena (1985) Dir. Dario Argento, Screenplay by Dario Argento & Franco Ferrini [Italy]
58. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage [L’uccello dalle piume di cristallo] (1970) Dir. Dario Argento, Screenplay by Dario Argento, Adapted from the 1949 novel The Screaming Mimi by Frederic Brown [Italy]
57. Don’t Torture a Duckling [Non si sevizia un paperino] (1972) – Dir. Lucio Fulci, Screenplay by Gianfranco Clerici, Lucio Fulci & Roberto Gianviti [Italy]
56. Blood and Black Lace [Sei donne per l’assassino] (1964) – Dir. Mario Bava, Screenplay by Guiseppe Barilla, Mario Bava & Marcello Fondato [Italy]
55. Witchfinder General (1968) – Dir. Michael Reeves, Screenplay by Tom Baker & Michael Reeves, Adapted from the 1966 novel Witchfinder General by Ronald Bassett [UK]
54. Martyrs (2008) – Dir. Pascal Laugier, Screenplay by Pascal Laugier [France]
53. The Craft (1996) – Dir. Andrew Fleming, Screenplay by Peter Filardi & Andrew Fleming, Based on a story by Peter Filardi [USA]
52. The Skeleton Key (2005) – Dir. Iain Softley, Screenplay by Ehren Kruger [USA]
51. The Sentinel (1977) – Dir. Michael Winner, Screenplay by Jeffrey Konvitz & Michael Winner, Adapted from the 1974 novel The Sentinel by Jeffrey Konvitz [USA]
50. Maniac (1980) – Dir. William Lustig, Screenplay by C.A. Rosenberg & Joe Spinell, Based on a story by Joe Spinell [USA]
49. The Burning (1981) – Dir. Tony Maylam, Screenplay by Peter Lawrence & Bob Weinstein, Based on a story by Brad Grey, Tony Maylam & Harvey Weinstein [USA]
48. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) – Dir. Steve Miner, Screenplay by Ron Kurz & Phil Scuderi [USA]
47. Friday the 13th (1980) – Dir. Sean S. Cunningham, Screenplay by Victor Miller [USA]
46. Jeepers Creepers (2001) – Dir. Victor Salva, Screenplay by Victor Salva [USA]
45. The Cabin in the Woods (2012) – Dir. Drew Goddard, Screenplay by Drew Goddard & Joss Whedon [USA]
44. Deep Blue Sea (1999) – Dir. Renny Harlin, Screenplay by Duncan Kennedy & Donna & Wayne Powers [USA]
43. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986) – Dir. John McNaughton, Screenplay by Richard Fire & John McNaughton [USA]
42. Daybreakers (2009) – Dirs. The Spierig Brothers, Screenplay by Michael & Peter Spierig [Australia]
41. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) – Dir. Robert Rodriguez, Screenplay by Quentin Tarantino, Based on a story by Robert Kurtzman [USA]
40. Hour of the Wolf [Vargtimmen] (1968) – Dir. Ingmar Bergman, Screenplay by Ingmar Bergman [Sweden]
39. Frenzy (1972) – Dir. Alfred Hitchcock, Screenplay by Anthony Shaffer, Adapted from the 1966 novel Goodbye Piccadilly, Farewell Leicester Square by Arthur La Bern [UK]
38. Let the Right One In [Låt den rätte komma in] (2008) – Dir. Tomas Alfredson, Screenplay by John Ajvide Lindqvist, Adapted from the 2004 novel Låt den rätte komma in by John Ajvide Lindqvist [Sweden]
37. Hardware (1990) – Dir. Richard Stanley, Screenplay by Richard Stanley, Inspired by the story “SHOK!: Walter’s Robo-Tale” by Steve MacManus & Kevin O’Neill from the 1981 comics anthology Judge Dredd Annual #1 [UK]
36. The Fly (1958) – Dir. Kurt Neumann, Screenplay by James Clavell, Adapted from the 1957 short story “The Fly” by George Langelaan [USA]
35. Night of the Living Dead (1968) – Dir. George A. Romero, Screenplay by George A. Romero & John Russo [USA]
34. Session 9 (2001) – Dir. Brad Anderson, Screenplay by Brad Anderson & Stephen Gevedon [USA]
33. Hellraiser (1987) – Dir. Clive Barker, Screenplay by Clive Barker, Adapted from the 1986 novella The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker [UK/USA]
32. Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010) – Dir. Jalmari Helander, Screenplay by Jalmari Helander, Based on a story by Jalmari & Juuso Helander [Finland]
31. 28 Weeks Later (2007) – Dir. Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Screenplay by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Rowan Joffé, E.L. Lavigne & Jesus Olmo [UK/Spain]
30. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) – Dir. Tobe Hooper, Screenplay and story by Kim Henkel & Tobe Hooper [USA]
29. The Orphanage [El Orfanato] (2007) – Dir. J.A. Bayona, Screenplay by Sergio G. Sánchez [Spain]
28. The Mist (2007) – Dir. Frank Darabont, Screenplay by Frank Darabont, Adapted from the 1980 novella The Mist by Stephen King [USA]
27. Thirst [Bakjwi] (2009) – Dir. Park Chan-wook, Screenplay by Jeong Seo-gyeong & Park Chan-wook, Inspired by the 1867 novel Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola [South Korea]
26. An American Werewolf in London (1981) – Dir. John Landis, Screenplay by John Landis [USA/UK]
25. The Toxic Avenger (1984) – Dirs. Lloyd Kaufman & Michael Herz, Screenplay by Joe Ritter, Based on a story by Lloyd Kaufman [USA]
24. Poltergeist (1982) – Dir. Tobe Hooper, Screenplay by Michael Grais, Steven Spielberg & Mark Victor, Based on a story by Steven Spielberg [USA]
23. The Fly (1986) – Dir. David Cronenberg, Screenplay by David Cronenberg & Charles Edward Pogue, Adapted from the 1957 short story “The Fly” by George Langelaan [USA]
22. The Thing (1982) – Dir. John Carpenter, Screenplay by Bill Lancaster, Adapted from the 1938 novella Who Goes There? by John W. Campbell, Jr. [USA]
21. The Evil Dead (1981) – Dir. Sam Raimi, Screenplay by Sam Raimi [USA]
20. The Exorcist (1973) – Dir. William Friedkin, Screenplay by William Peter Blatty, Adapted from the 1971 novel The Exorcist by Wiliam Peter Blatty [USA]
19. High Tension [Haute Tension] (2003) – Dir. Alexandre Aja, Screenplay by Alexandre Aja & Grégory Levasseur [France]
18. Jennifer’s Body (2009) – Dir. Karyn Kusama, Screenplay by Diablo Cody [USA]
17. Paranormal Activity (2007) – Dir. Oren Peli, Screenplay by Oren Peli [USA]
16. Dog Soldiers (2002) – Dir. Neil Marshall, Screenplay by Neil Marshall [UK]
15. Wolf Creek (2005) – Dir. Greg McLean, Screenplay by Greg McLean [Australia]
14. House [Hausu] (1977) – Dir. Nobuhiko Ôbayashi, Screenplay by Chiho Katsura, Based on a story by Chigumi Ôbayashi [Japan]
13. Them [Ils] (2007) – Dirs. David Moreau & Xavier Palud, Screenplay by David Moreau & Xavier Palud [France]
12. Bones (2001) – Dir. Ernest Dickerson, Screenplay by Tim Metcalfe & Adam Simon [USA]
11. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) – Dir. Samuel Bayer, Screenplay by Eric Heisserer & Wesley Strick [USA]
10. The Host [Gwoemul] (2006) – Dir. Bong Joon-ho, Screenplay by Baek Chul-hyun, Bong Joon-ho & Ha Won-jun [South Korea]
9. The Others (2001) – Dir. Alejandro Amenábar, Screenplay by Alejandro Amenábar [USA/Spain]
8. 30 Days of Night (2007) – Dir. David Slade, Screenplay by Stuart Beattie, Brian Nelson & Steve Niles, Adapted from the 2002 comic book mini-series 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith [USA]
7. [●REC] (2007) – Dirs. Jaume Balagueró & Paco Plaza, Screenplay by Jaume Balagueró, Luis Berdejo & Paco Plaza [Spain]
6. The Ring (2002) – Dir. Gore Verbinski, Screenplay by Ehren Kruger, Adapted from the 1998 screenplay Ringu by Hiroshi Takahashi & the 1991 novel Ringu by Kôji Suzuki [USA/Japan]
5. Drag Me to Hell (2009) – Dir. Sam Raimi, Screenplay by Ivan & Sam Raimi [USA]
4. 28 Days Later (2002) – Dir. Danny Boyle, Screenplay by Alex Garland [UK]
3. The Descent (2005) – Dir. Neil Marshall, Screenplay by Neil Marshall [UK]
2. The House of the Devil (2009) – Dir. Ti West, Screenplay by Ti West [USA]
1. Audition [Ōdishon] (1999) – Dir. Takashi Miike, Screenplay by Daisuke Tengan, Adapted from the 1997 novel Audition by Ryû Murakami [Japan]
25 thoughts on “Movie Roll Call”
Is ‘Phantasm’ still going to be discussed?
Post just went up a couple days late (I teach college English, it’s finals, life is crazy). Sorry ’bout that!
Ask and ye shall receive, Lincoln. I just hope you don’t hate me after reading it!
Thanks. Agree with everything you thought, Kristine. Have never understood the love for this one.
I am running late for work, after spending so much time here this morning!
Cannot wait to read your thoughts on Session 9 & Drag Me To Hell.
Can I put in a request? I’d love to read your discussions on my 2 favorite cheese flicks – Brainscan and Series 7.
Even just … have you watched these yet? I cannot get enough of Brainscan! My friends wont watch it anymore, my husband hates it… I don’t know what it is about it that I adore so much. I have a ‘thing’ for cheesy horror.
Ahhh! Thanks for the suggestions.
I have not seen Series 7 but I’ve heard good things and I dig the dystopian premise. I will have to put it in my Netflix queue stat!
I am sorry to say…. I HAVE seen Brainscan and it made me really mad. I could go on at length about the reasons I didn’t like it, but I don’t want to come off as dissing something you love. We ALL have our guilty pleasures. But I generally consider the 1990s to be a dark time for horror movies and, in my mind, Brainscan symbolizes all the issues I have with what was going on with horror movies in that decade…. Plus I seriously loathe Edward Furlong. I’ve got hangups, yo!
Funny you say that – Series 7 was just added to Netflix ♥
I wouldn’t think you’d be ‘dismissing something I love’, and you’re absolutely right! The 90’s were an atrocious decade for the genre! AND, and… Edward Furlong IS a douche-bag. I just watched something with him on Netflix, ohlordmakeitstop. Cannot remember the title, but… he’s an author, on deadline for his newest book, and goes somewhere to get locked in a freezer to write, then loses his mind. EF is the same d-bag as ever, except… he’s now a fat d-bag.
I honestly do not know what it is about Brainscan for me. It’s just one of those things. A guilty pleasure.
Here is a fingers crossed moment… MTV’s Fear. See it?
The first half of the series, before the ‘dares’ (or whatever the hell those set ups were), was so good!! 3 episodes in particular make the show stand out.
THE EXPERIMENT / Das Experiment
Both films. Original & remake. Seen?
Original vs. Remake
I’m sorry! I have no one to talk horror with!
Have not seen Das Experiment but I’m into it. Will check it out….
In the psychological experiment category, I’d recommend the 2009 film “Dread” – it’s an adaptation of a Clive Barker story and is kind of good (I don’t usually like Barker’s stuff).
I like Edward Furlong in Pecker. It’s similar to how I like Johnny Knoxville in A Dirty Shame. It’s a rule that everybody is likeable when directed by John Waters.
Ha! This comment (or more accurately, this TRUISM) made my morning. An aside/brag- one of my proudest moments is approaching John Waters at a restaurant and having him sign a birthday card for my sister.
You have just made me extremely jealous.
It was a high-water mark for me, definitely. And hell’s bells – it’s John Waters’ birthday today! Huzzah!
Huh. Your OLDER sister eh? I’m sure that was important for you to clarify!
EDITED to avoid your shade!!
Reading is fundamental.
The library is CLOSED!
Any chance of making your ‘The Thing’ discussion available? Please:)
Uh oh … you’re playing with fire, Lincoln! Definitely our most contentious discussion to date. I fear I will fare poorly in the court of horror movie fandom.
Obviously you would have rated it ‘masterpiece’, so nothing to worry about. Right?;)
Kristine, the chickens are coming home to roost!
Also, Lincoln – we’re doing an Alien Invasion month in June…. I’ll put The Thing on the docket (we watched it before we started the blog, but a revisit and discussion is in order!) Thanks for the suggestion.
Lincoln, here is something to tide you over in the meantime!
missing rosemary’s baby! must do methinks.
Just remebered your blog again and re-read some favorites. Love your discussions. Anyway, some of the reviews are not working, server down blah blah. Could you make them available again somehow? I want to read the frenzy one!